They say balance is a unicorn, and whoever 'they' is is correct. For me, 2017 was the year I embraced more titles than ever - Colorado Wedding planner, business owner, wife to Scott, new mom to Stirling, friend, dreamer. I'm exhausted just looking at this list, and quite honestly 2017 stretched me further than ever, requiring only grace upon grace. But it was also the year of overflowing joy that I really can't put into words.
With that, I give you my annual recap. Here's to the top 17 of '17. I can't wait for the good that will come in 2018. Xo!
- I could start and end this list and fill in everything in-between with the greatest joy of my life - welcoming our son, Stirling John, shortly after the new year on 1/30/2017. He's basically the best thing in the world.
- Eleven days after Stirling's birth, thanks to my superhero parents, Scott and I enjoyed our first date night out. I'll forever have the best memories of that quiet sushi joint and my first glass of wine in nine months.
- Worked furiously to re-brand and launch a shiny new website for Sara Brown Weddings.
- Appeared on Fox31 Denver to talk about some Colorado wedding trends.
- Enjoyed features in some top national wedding publications including Style Me Pretty, Junebug Weddings and more!
- Previewed some of Colorado's hottest new wedding and event venues, including The St. Vrain in Longmont, Colorado.
- Humbly received some of the kindest, most thoughtful reviews from my clients.
- Completed a holiday bucket list with my family including stops at ChristKindel markets in Denver and Georgetown, Denver Zoo Lights, The Botanic Gardens Blossoms of Lights, A Christmas Carol, The Parade of Lights and three Holiday parties!
- Soaked up many firsts with Stirling - first swim lessons, first trip to the beach, first smiles and laughs, first trip to the mountains.
- Dreamed up some home renovations projects with more on the books (we currently don't have countertops or a kitchen sink - can't wait to show you what we're up to!)
- Stayed at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Co for the first time for my 31st bday!
- Proudly figured out Insta Stories #thankyouverymuch #technologyisnotmyjam
- Met some of the most amazing couples who'll tie the knot in 2018. Can't wait to work at the Manor House, Devil's Thumb Ranch, Lyons Farmette, The Studios at Overland Crossing and so many more amazing venues next year!
- Watched dozens of heartfelt, tearful "I dos!"
- Read 11 books. It was a tie for my favorite - The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Collaborated with some amazing new vendors to bring client dreams to life.
- Said 'YES' to some exciting projects for 2018, including one I can't wait to announce SO SOON.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining me on this adventure. See you in 2018!